Friday, June 15, 2012

A Letter to Craven County Commissioner Scott Dacey

Scott,


I am Rick Hopkins with the Coastal Carolina Taxpayers Association. I spoke at the commissioners budget meeting. I am also a Trent Woods resident making you my representative. I also own a home in the New Bern making me a taxpayer in New Bern, Trent Woods and Craven County. I am also a licensed small business owner and collect and pay sales tax. While overall I respect your conservative stance, I feel that in some areas you are compromising where you should not. I think that using tax dollars to support non profit social welfare agencies is wrong and not a role of government.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against the community supporting these agencies, I am against the government doing it for us. As a deacon in my church and the former chairman of the deacon's board, I have worked within our church and community in support of these agencies. We have made them the beneficiaries of many of our fund raising projects. I urge you to review the role of government and to stand firm on the limits that our founding fathers placed on it within the constitution and other founding documents.

I know that the budget has already passed, but you now have a year to prepare your stance for the next go around. I have attached a link that may help and also urge you to read the book Five Thousand Year Leap. If I or the association can help you achieve the goals of our founders in providing the most unique form of government in the history of the world, by standing for and upholding the principles of our constitution then please feel free to ask.

http://www.christiandataresources.com/government.htm


Sincerely,
Rick Hopkins
CCTA Watchdog Committee




1 comment:

  1. As an insurance agent , I am bringing attention to 2 bills that will eliminate the Rate Bureau in North Carolina , basically what it does it crushes competition. The Rate Bureau taxes good and responsible drivers 6 percent to subfund high risk drivers. The market and competition does not drive prices , the Government does. Homeowners that choose the live in a flood or surge zone have their rates subsidized by people who make good choices on where they live. Two Huge insurance companies Farm Bureau and Nationwide are lobbying hard against this bill , as they own the market through the rate bureau , Companies like Allstate and State Farm are pushing hard for the Rate bureau to go away and let the market dictate the prices on insurance. To the good and responsibile drivers and homeowners , We cant offer more discounts because of this . please contact your State Representative to eliminate the Rate Bureau and let the Market set the premiums. We have 167 insurance companies out of 2987 in the US authorized to do business in NC. If you add half of those the market will adjust the premium downward for responsible drivers and homeowners

    ReplyDelete