Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SUN JOURNAL NEW BERN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Trash spewing


October 25, 2010 9:25 PM

I cannot believe how the Democrats in the N.C. House and N.C. Senate campaigns have been so seduced by their goal of winning that they have no standards of decency by which to campaign. Between Barbara Garrity-Blake and Alice Underhill, their political campaigns reek of desperation. Both of their opponents, Jean Preston and Norman Sanderson, are intelligent, educated, caring people. These two Republicans have run respectable campaigns, and I applaud them. After the trash that has been spewed forth by Garrity-Blake and Underhill, I wouldn’t blame Preston and Sanderson one bit if they went on the attack as well. I know that if they did, it would still be more civil than what they had to endure. The two faces of Garrity-Blake and the “My daddy’s name helped get me elected to this seat” Underhill deserve to lose on the actions of their campaigning alone. Jean Preston has brought honor to the Senate, and Norman Sanderson will bring integrity to the House. I hope they will be our representatives come Nov. 2.

CCTA Member, Hazel Speciale, New Bern

No comments:

Post a Comment