Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SUN JOURNAL NEW BERN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Misleading mailers


October 26, 2010 10:16 PM

For a past few weeks I have received mailings about how great Alice Underhill is from Real Facts NC. The first one I got praised Underhill for balancing the budget. I am not one who sits around and watches “Survivor: Nicaragua” or “Dancing With the Stars.” I pay attention to what is being said and done in Raleigh as well as in Washington. I know the state Constitution requires a balanced budget. The governor is responsible for this so do you think Underhill wants Gov. Dumpling to look bad? What Real Facts NC did not tell in its propaganda was that there is still a $3 billion hole in the budget. It mentioned education and how Underhill had saved teacher jobs. It was actually the pork/stimulus money that saved jobs for this year. They failed to mention that the lottery funds that were promised to be used for schools and schools only were used to close a $2 billion budget hole.

A quick check of Real Fact NC finds they are funded by the N.C. Association of Educators. It has been long known that the NEA, its parent organization, has not been for children. It has its own agenda. It appears the NCAE is doing the same thing. Real Facts NC is very anti-business when they attack Real Jobs NC and Norm Sanderson. They say absolutely nothing about the lottery funds being robbed like the highway funds were to balance the budget. Don’t get me wrong, I am not against teachers but I am against the NCAE when they care more about politics than they do the children. All this money being dumped into Real Facts NC and the mailings could have gone to the schools.

As I said before teachers jobs were saved by pork/stimulus funds this year. All school systems across this state are looking at what to do in fiscal year 2011-2012. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools are going to close school as well as lay off teachers. Lincoln County is making plans to do some of the same. There is nothing coming from Craven County on what they will do. I’ve got to believe they are covering for Alice Underhill’s failures.

I hope that when all the votes are counted on Nov. 2, Norm Sanderson will be our representative in Raleigh. My other hope is that the NCAE will be flat broke from all the propaganda mailings it has sent out and its Real Facts NC. I sent all their mailings to the landfill after reading the first without reading anymore. Just too much stretching of the truth and outright lies about a fine man, Mr. Sanderson.


Rick Lail, Vanceboro

No comments:

Post a Comment