Monday, August 8, 2011

Dr. Mike Adams, Townhall Columnist: This Year Keep Your Kids Home From College

I am frequently asked whether I would be willing to spend the money necessary to send my own kids to a four-year brick and mortar college. The answer used to be a qualified “yes.” But college isn’t what it used to be. So my answer is now a firm “probably not.”


While I once considered college to be a good investment for most high school graduates I have come to believe that it is a bad idea for most of them. Note that I am not saying that college simply doesn’t deliver the good things it once did. I am saying much more than that; namely that it often hurts young people. And it does so in at least four distinct ways:

1. Spiritually. Three out of four Christian teens walk away from church after they leave home. The fact that they do so is largely the result of what they encounter in college.
CONTINUED:  http://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/2011/08/08/this_year_keep_your_kids_home_from_college/page/full/

No comments:

Post a Comment