Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Marriage: America's No. 1 Weapon Against Childhood Poverty

Posted by Jared Law on November 14, 2011


.It is true that marriage, and the nuclear family, while not possible for all Americans, these days, is always the best option, whenever possible. My own personal experiences as a child weren't what I would have chosen for myself; to ensure that my kids have what I didn't, especially when it comes to having a loving, caring father present, and accounted for, who fulfilled his duty, and did so happily, is one of my greatest pleasures in life. I absolutely treasure my family, and I grieve and pray for those who don't enjoy such blessings at this time.

But despite my trials as a child, the fact remains that the nuclear family is the best possible situation for any child, and not just on the issue of poverty. Many measures of success drop significantly when a child doesn't enjoy the nurturing and good example that comes from a loving, caring nuclear family environment. Before the presentation with cold, hard facts backing this up, here's one of the best statements on the sanctity of the family that I've ever seen or heard. The bolded portions are the ones directly relevant to this discussion thread:

The Family: A Proclamation to the World
The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

CONTINUED:  http://www.the912project.us/forum/topic/show?id=2881797%3ATopic%3A2459209&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

No comments:

Post a Comment