Saturday, January 18, 2014

Open Letter to NC Gov. McCrory On Common Core

THIS IS A MUST READ!  ~Lynn

Posted on  by ladyliberty1885

Dear Governor McCrory,

I recently read an article in the News and Observer in which you praised former Governor Jim Hunt, calling him a “hero” and “mentor” of yours.   While I am pleased to see bipartisanship taking place in discussions in the critical topic of education, given your appreciation for former Governor Hunt in the area of education and his institute’s ties to Common Core, I wanted to be sure you were aware of some important facts.

The emphasis on that has been placed on education producing a ‘qualified workforce’ is troubling given the relationship former Governor Hunt and his foundation have with the CCSS. I’m certain former Governor Hunt believes the CCSS is the answer, however, the reality is that these standards are just adding to the problems we face in education today. I’ve also noted the Chamber of Commerce lending it’s support. I hope they dig deeper and realize the pitfalls of staying on the Common Core course.



No comments:

Post a Comment