Last week I wrote about receiving an email from the American Public Health Association showing that they are going after guns and veterans. This week I received a follow-up email from PHACT – Public Health ACTion. This email put their anti-gun playbook right out there for all of us to see. By reviewing this information, we’ll see exactly what their strategies are and what we can learn from their plans.
“In this toolkit you’ll find resources to engage in a variety of grassroots advocacy strategies:
· Fact sheets on important public health issues
· Sample phone scripts and emails for contacting your members of Congress
· Tips for reaching out to media and social media networks
· Tips for meeting with your members of Congress
· Resources for federal and state data and information about public health